Green Towson Alliance (GTA) is made up of people from all walks of life who value the natural world around us and want to live in neighborhoods that include green space, clean streams, and canopy trees that shelter the wildlife and insects that keep our communities healthy. We are planners, accountants, physicians, architects, teachers, engineers, landscape architects, publicists, professional organizers, business owners, retirees, at home parents, financiers, fund raisers, and more.
Trees Clean Air Pollution
Studies have found that trees clean pollution from the air and produce the oxygen we depend on, soak up gallons of water released in heavy storms and prevent soil erosion, provide habitat for birds and wild animals, cool our homes, protect us from harsh sun, and provide a soothing, healing and relaxing environment.
Plant native trees, shrubs and plants in your yard. Not only will your garden look great, and your plantings can directly affect the health of our community, our state, and our country.
- Native Trees That Would Be Great in Your Neighborhood
- Ten Tips on Planting and Caring for Trees
- Don’t Mulch That Tree! And Other Tips
- How to Start a Tree Planting Program in Your Community
- How to Prune Trees
- How to Remove Invasive Vines
- Don’t Plant That Tree! Plant Invaders to Avoid (PDF)
- Ten Ways to Help Butterflies
- Nine Ways You Can Help Bees and Other Pollinators
- Why Planting Native Trees and Plants Help Migrating Birds, Wildlife and Insects
- How to Protect your Neighborhood Stream
- How to Organize a Stream Clean Up
Join Green Towson Alliance!
There are no dues to pay to join Green Towson Alliance. All you need is a passion to see your neighborhood – and Towson – become green and healthy. Use our contact form to join Green Towson Alliance. You’ll get your hands dirty planting trees, learn about best pruning practices, and keep your neighborhood streams clean…and meet some very interesting and fun people along the way!